BacTrace BioTec AG places the protection of human health at the centre of its activities.
The multidisciplinary research group led by CEO Walter Miedl consists of biologists, biotechnologists, molecular biologists, physicists, mathematicians, electrical engineers, chemists, roboticists as well as medical doctors and thus covers the entire spectrum of natural sciences required for the development of rapid biological tests.
Since research with viruses and bacteriophages began in 2013, the holistic requirements of the individual faculties have been considered. As a result, the first patents for rapid bacterial detection were developed together with various international universities in 2015.
Currently, the research group holds numerous patents in over 35 countries in the fields of biotechnology, cancer therapy, medical diagnostics, and medical electronics.
BacTrace BioTec AG works closely with a renowned and decorated Scientific Advisory Board as well as with internationally recognized universities and scientific institutions.
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Willi Jäger, Universität Heidelberg
- Dipl.-Ing. Manfred Opel, Brigade General a.D.
- Prof. Dr. Valentin N. Pavlov, Bashkir State Medical University
- Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Michael T. Pawlik, Universität Regensburg
- Dr. med. Sören Wagner, Harvard Medical School
- Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolf F. Wieland, Universität Regensburg
- Dr. med. Hans Hermann Wörl